Monday, May 25, 2009

A good day

Okay, I finally have something good to blog about! Today was great. I started the day by heading over to my friend's house to babysit her four children plus three others. Yes, seven children. All under the age of 11. Haha. But that's fine, I love babysitting! And I managed to come out with minimal battle scars, and none of the kids got hurt (at least not bad enough to call 911...lol). So the kids were pretty good, and I got a peanut butter sandwich all to myself! After making seven other sandwiches, that is.

Oh, and I also gave them little pizza bread sticks. One of the older kids decided she wanted to warm hers up in the microwave, so she stuck it in, pressed the "pizza" button and started it. Now folks, I'm sure the dear little thing thought she was pressing juuuust the right button. After all it WAS pizza bread, right? Well, as it turns out, that "pizza" button set the microwave to go WAY longer than necessary. I was in the midst of holding a baby and spreading peanut butter on a piece of bread when I smelled something MOST peculiar. Like...smoke. Yeah, smoke. Then I hear a quiet "Oh, shoot!" from the child who had placed the bread in the microwave. By this time all the kids are noticing the peculiar smell and are all demanding to know what's going on. Thankfully there was no fire in the microwave, just a piece of black bread. But I was afraid that the smoke detectors would start going off at any moment, and I'd have to deal with the fire department AND seven panicked children. I don't even want to think about it. Fortunately I was able to get a few doors and windows open and the smoke detectors didn't go off. And the kids didn't seem at all upset, so...disaster averted! Yay.

After I was relieved of duty, I went to the store with my mom and got a free smoothie (I <3 freebies). Mom and I came home and I made lunch while she taught her piano lessons. Then I decided that my room needed a little tidying up. Um...ok fine, so it actually needed a major overhaul. :) So I cleaned for a while and did a couple loads of laundry. Then I remembered I was out of my homemade face cream, so I just spent the last three hours making a new batch. Somewhere in between melting and measuring and cooling and stirring the cream, I made tea. By the time I finished up the cream, my tea was all ready.

Aaaand here I am, sipping tea and being glad I was productive today instead of wasting my time on the computer!

Blessings,

me

No comments: